Having braces requires time and effort for cleaning and making sure they do not break. Make sure that you are prepared for your vacation by having all the right equipment.
We have put a list together of things to have with you always when going out of town.
- Toothpicks or Floss-picks
- Travel Size Mouthwash: or you can use a small water bottle and fill it with mouthwash to offer more ounces than the travel size.
- A Travel-sized Toothbrush:No matter where you go, you still must brush your teeth. Have a toothbrush handy so you can always brush off the debris.
- Dental Floss/Floss Threaders:This will help you clean between your teeth and between the wires of your braces. Floss threaders can be harder to find, so be sure to pack enough for the trip.
- Orthodontic Wax: This aids any discomfort you may feel from your braces. This is especially helpful for those who are new to braces.
- A Compact Mirror:Mirrors can be hard to come by while traveling. A compact mirror will allow you to see your teeth and make sure they are clean.
- Clear Tray: If you wear the clear plastic aligner trays, take either the previous tray or the next tray with you in the event you lose the current tray. If that happens, just be sure you visit your orthodontist as soon as you return to get you back on track.
The name, phone number, and address of orthodontic offices in the place or places you are visiting in the event of an emergency. Most orthodontists will lend a helping hand to another orthodontic patient and get you out of pain or discomfort.
Follow these tips and you can have a worry-free vacation! Please give us a call at Nowlin Orthodontist if you have any questions!